Podcast Episode 7: My First Boutique Location
When it came to my boutique, I always had a hunch about the next step to take for my business. In this episode, I chat about the pivotal growth that I experienced through discovery by word of mouth and how this led me to open my first location. I also talk about the ups and downs that I faced there while running the boutique. I share how I knew I was outgrowing that location, how I figured out it was time to hire employees, and a turning point I faced in my business from a mishap that happened before a fashion show.
This episode is about feeling fear but acting anyway. When I realized I needed a physical location for the boutique, I was so scared. I was even more scared when I made the leap again into a bigger space and had a jump in the prices of rent and inventory. I had a lot of people telling me to stay put where I was, but I knew in my heart that this was the next step for my business so I acted despite the fear. I want to encourage you to do the same - when you’re facing fear in your life, act anyway.
What’s in this episode:
- Starting with pop-up’s and parties
- How her business grew through word of mouth
- Opening her first location
- Moving parties into the boutique
- Having to close for personal emergencies
- Hiring her first employees
- Starting their Black Friday tradition
- What she does for the holiday season
- Selling out of styles quickly and realizing she would need more inventory
- Trying to get things online and using live videos for growth
- Realizing she was outgrowing her location
- Closing for one month while transitioning to her new space
- How she feels about the group page and the community it's created
- How a delayed shipment affected her fashion show
- How this ended up being a turning point in her business
- Realizing her why for her business
- Knowing in her heart the next steps for her business
I am so glad you decided to tune in today. Continue to follow along my journey as a wife, a mama, and a girl boss by connecting with me on my website, Instagram or Facebook. You can also check out my personal Instagram to get a behind the scenes look at my life. If you want to hear more about my journey in the fashion industry, I’d encourage you to subscribe so we can continue to get to know each other.