Podcast Episode 1: Why Fashion?
Never give up. If you have a fire inside of you that is telling you to follow a specific path, don’t let other people’s negativity put it out. Today on the podcast, I share why you shouldn’t allow what the naysayers say to get to you. Oftentimes, people will tell you that you can’t do something, but that doesn’t mean it's true. I also discuss how I got started in the fashion industry at such a young age and how something that I initially perceived as a setback in my life ended up being a blessing in disguise.
What’s in this episode:
- Why Nicole got started in Fashion Growing up as a tomboy
- How her parents shaped her into a hardworking person
- Her tight-knit relationship with her grandparents
- Why she decided to learn how to sew
- Making her own dresses for school dances
- How she started building her brand
- The set-back she faced when applying to her dream college
- How getting denied for her dream school was a blessing in disguise
- The scary transition of going to college in NYC
I am so glad you decided to tune in today. Continue to follow along my journey as a wife, a mama, and a girl boss by connecting with me on my website, Instagram or Facebook. You can also check out my personal Instagram to get a behind the scenes look at my life. If you want to hear more about my journey in the fashion industry, I’d encourage you to subscribe so we can continue to get to know each other.