I have to be honest I don’t have a TON of nightmare customer stories, I just didn’t deal with the nonsense and did my best to shut it down before it began…
BUT… I definitely have a few good ones.
1. The women who tried to return a sweater that her cat destroyed 🤦🏻♀️
2. Another lady trying to bargain with me on prices as if my store was a yard sale 😁
3. My favorites were always “you should sell ______” fill in the blank with everything possible.
I do believe that customer relationships are SO IMPORTANT when it comes to your business, however that does not mean that every person is YOUR customer.
Let me explain the scenarios above 👇🏻
1. If you received an item that was damaged, I would absolutely make it right. This was very important to me, I even had a seamstress on call. HOWEVER, if you spill coffee on a shirt or let your cat destroy your sweater like a ball of yarn… please don’t argue with me about getting your money back.
2. Prices are always a big one, yes you can probably get “something cheaper on Amazon”, but the pricing structure for a small business compared to a large corporation is just NOT the same. Know your worth, know how to make a profit and don’t let a customer bring you down.
*Saying you want to support a small business and then trying to get a lower price is NOT supporting a small business*
3. You don’t need to sell something for everyone. I didn’t carry men’s clothing because that wasn’t my target audience. If you don’t want to offer a certain package, you don’t need to just to please someone.
There are so many other examples to give, these are just a few! IYKYK 🤍🤍
PS I LOVE MY LOYAL CUSTOMERS, always have and ALWAYS WILL 🥰🥰🥰